Brighten up with this Tortilla Soup recipe. These are trying times in the world today, CoronaVirus is changing the way we live so much it feels like we are living in a movie. I haven’t felt this feeling since I lived in NYC during 9/11. But if I learned anything then it’s that we will GET through this ALL together. The world might even emerge a kinder more loving place. Let’s all make an effort to be apart of that revolution.
Doing My Part
I’ll be doing my part in offering some tips, tricks and recipes that support physical health, immune boosting and mental health during this time of social distancing. Glad to have you join along with me. Would love to hear questions or comments. Also follow along with me @flourishrx and @flourishwithcandice on Instagram and Facebook.
Crockpot Tortilla Soup
The ingredients in this soup boost immune health and fight viruses in a number of ways. Garlic, Tomatoes, onion, peppers and bone broth help by flooding your body with warm nutrients that fight colds and flu and hopefully also Covid-19. It can’t hurt to try it out, it tastes delicious.
Olive oil 1-2 Tablespoonfuls
1 onion (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 cup button mushrooms (chopped)
1 Jalapeno, chopped (optional)
3 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons ground chili powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
14 oz. crushed tomatoes
6 cups of bone broth (homemade or store bought)
14oz. can of black beans
1 cup frozen corn
3 chicken breasts
1/4 cup cilantro
- Cook Onion, garlic, mushrooms, jalapeño in olive oil. Add to the bottom of slow cooker or if you’re like me and have the Cuisinart Slow Cooker you can directly sauté in the unit.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours.
- When cooked then shred or cube cooked chicken and add back to the pot.
- Top with broken tortilla chips, avocado, lime and more fresh cilantro
- Enjoy this easy tortilla soup! My kids loved this one and it was such easy recipe for me!